HEAD OF SECRETARIAT AND ADMINISTRATION (CEO)
SALARY: R1 251 183 – R1 495 956 per annum (all-inclusive remuneration package) (Level 14)
The purpose of this role is to provide direction to the organisation through a sound business strategy, approved policies and procedures aimed at achieving the organisation’s mandate and financial viability objectives. The Head of Secretariat and Administration will primarily be responsible for the organisation’s strategy formulation and ensuring that the organisation achieves its key objectives as per the mandate of Council.
Requirements: * a postgraduate qualification in the heritage field * minimum of 5 years experience in Senior Management * Leadership negotiation and decision making skills * Good interpersonal skills * Planning and organisational skills * A team player with good management skills * A strategic thinker with good problem solving skills * Knowledge of Government financial provisions and procurement prescripts and procedures. Extensive knowledge in managing heritage related basic and applied heritage related research. In depth knowledge of the KwaZulu-Natal heritage landscape and heritage transformation issues. Experience in working with academic journals within the heritage industry. Publication of peer reviewed articles in accredited journals within the discipline will be an added advantage.
- Administer and manage the finances of the Council in accordance with the Public Finance Management Act, by ensuring effective, efficient and economical use of the Council’s funds and resources.
- Advise Council in relation to the determination of a code of conduct applicable to the Head of Secretariat and Administration, all staff and justifiable for purpose of disciplinary proceedings.
- Play a strategic role in the promotion of heritage resources management in the Province by ensuring compliance with applicable law, including the KZN Amafa and Research Institute Act.
- Ensure the promotion and maintenance of a high standard of professional ethics and ensure the prevention of conflicts of interest.
- Ensure professional, honest, impartial, fair ethical and equitable service.
- Ensure the maintenance of the discipline over staff appointed by the Institute and, for those purposes, be accountable to Council.
The appointment of the Head of Secretariat and Administration is subject to the signing of a 5-year performance contract.
The KZN Amafa and Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries: Mrs L.Z. Msomi, tel. 033 – 3946543
Forward applications to Deputy Director – Human Resources, KZN Amafa and Research Institute, P.O. Box 2685, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or email to: email@example.com
If no reply has been received from Amafa within 30 days of the closing date, please consider the application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 30 July 2020